It's your time to discover
The mission of the Mathematics Department at Aquinas College is directly linked to the mission of the College in that it provides a program for all students that is an essential part of a liberal arts education. It promotes the study of mathematics in depth in preparation for graduate school or an immediate career, supports the mathematical needs of other disciplines, and supplies a curriculum for all students to enhance their understanding of mathematical thought.
Explore mathematics at AQ
Career Preparation based on leadership
Upon completing a major in mathematics, a student will be able to:
- approach complex problems with creativity and persistence.
- give an insightful statement about how mathematics fits into a liberal arts curriculum.
- verbally explain and discuss mathematics using precise language and an audience-appropriate delivery.
- produce mathematical writing that uses proper terminology, notation, and proof techniques.
- provide several specific examples of connections among various branches of mathematics, such as calculus, linear algebra, and abstract algebra.
- effectively use technology to support mathematical inquiry.
The Juan Olivarez STEM Scholars Program
Build the Skills, Confidence and Connections you need to succeedGet settled into Aquinas College before traditional orientation and join a cohort of STEM students, faculty, and professionals with the STEM Scholars ProgramLearn More